We made one compost bin today. I plan on making 3 total. I used 2×4 welded wire. Put in alternating layers of green and brown stuff at a ratio of 1 green 2 brown, and covered it up to make sure no critters get in. I used straw and dried leaves for the brown layers and kitchen scraps and alfalfa pellets for the green layers. In 4 days I will mix it up and see what’s what. We should have some awesome compost in about a month and a half.
We also started a worm bin. We used an old compost tumbler that my mom purchased at Costco a couple years ago. It never really worked, but it makes a really nice worm bin.
Thanks to my friend, KC, who brought me some worms from her worm bin, its off to a great start. I alternated the brown and green just like in the compost bin. The only difference is to add in the worms between layers. Its kinda gross, but DH said he would take care of it.